Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pollen is Evil

I know it isn't really evil.  I DID take Bio 101 and see "The Bee Movie" (learning more from the latter).  I remember it being bad in the South. It was bad in the North, too. It is HORRIBLE this year - first spring spent in the South since 2001. I swear it myst be the El Nino weather causing everything to bloom at once, or something. I'm talking every day wiping tons of yellow gunk of the table on the deck.  My car is unrecognizable it has so much pollen on it (cannot wait to move in a month to our new home with a garage!)

The Pollen Peple send a daily e-mail about the Pollen levels in your zip code.  The very first day it hit High, I got this weird itchy rash all on my back. I am a 9 on a scale of 10 for allergies.  Claritin worked for 10 years. Then I tried allegra, clarinex, everything - and now take Xyzal and use Verimist.  Somedays it doesn't work all day - I have to take a Benedryl to stop scratching my nose.

Can we allergy sufferers unite and appeal to garden centers and nurseries all over the USA to NOT sell any more oak, maple or alder trees?  Can scientists research adn find the least allergenic trees and recommend them? 

I have this new house with few trees and I'd like to plant something - what will not produce tons of airborne pollen? Anyone? Buhler? Buhler?

No comments: